Oh What a Night!
Now that our Christmas Party is all done, we can take a breath and start gearing up for the big day.
We want to say thank-you to the following people who donated prizes for our door and raffle prizes:
- Dawn and Pierre Belley from Royal Le Page – donating gift cards for some yummy dinners out at various restaurants
- Barbara Slezak for donating a beautiful art piece painted by herself
- John Keates from York Regional Overhead Doors for donating Colts game tickets
- Dave Cohoon for donating Colts game tickets
- Jody Smith Adventure Sports Newmarket – Maple Leafs game tickets
As many of you know, we contributed to a local toy chest that is managed by a sweet, 84 year old lady named Marjorie. Marjorie visits the pediatric oncology unit every day to help these children living with cancer, navigating the scary world of treatment at Southlake. She gives them her time, her love, and gives them a toy to help distract them from the discomforts and pain that come with fighting this horrible disease. She spends her own money to keep her toy chest filled, and unselfishly gives of herself daily. We were very pleased to raise $1355 for Marjorie to continue with her efforts, and sent her home with a sac of toys to boot!
Thank-you to everyone who attended and gave so generously; I believe that through Marjorie, perhaps we will help to make some small difference in the lives of many struggling children.
Thank-you Liette, for bringing and setting up the wonderful PA system, and also Carolyn for assisting Sam with the raffle ticket sales. It’s a crazy (and fun) night, and there is no way we could pull it off without your support! Thanks so much!
Have a safe and Merry Christmas!