PADI Open Water Scuba Course
The dates below are classroom and pool dates available.
Note: You need to come in to the shop to pick-up your "Open Water Package".
This includes a manual that must be studied, withknowledge reviews filled out before class starts.
What do I have to do to complete the course?
COURSE PART #1
Over a Saturday and Sunday:
-Classroom *DO your knowledge reviews before class!
-Pool (bring bathing suit and towel - we provide everything else)
*The pool work is practical learning and skill testing - these are your "confined water" dives.
4 Open Water dives with instructor
These can be arranged with some flexibility, talk to your instructor or call the shop to arrange your dives in "Open Water". We provide your gear for this as well.
It is exciting and fun, and you will go home after scuba class tired and happy! We can't wait to experience this with you, and love it as much as you do; after all, we get to relive our introduction to this wonderful sport through you!
- PADI Scuba Certification card upon successful completion of:
- Classroom participation, knowledge reviews, and exam.
- Confined water diving (the pool) with divemasters and instructors (both days), demonstrating scuba skills.
- 4 Open water dives where you demonstrate what you have learned and actively plan your own dives (with guidance from your instructor)
- Log your first open water dives to begin your dive career of fun and adventure!
- PADI Open Water Manual
- Classroom with PADI professional instructors and divemasters
- Written exam (woo hoo, your favourite part, we know)
- Confined water diving in the pool (both days) to practice your new scuba skills
- Dive Log book (faithfully log all dive experiences)
- 4 Check-out dives
- Instructor evaluation
- Divemaster guidance
- All rental gear required to complete all pool skill dives and 4 Open Water dives
Tank (and air)
Regulator (breathing apparatus)
Wetsuit (where applicable)
*Students are required to provide their own mask, fins and snorkel. It is mandatory that this equipment is scuba quality and personally fitted. There are student packages available if required.
Contact the shop once you have signed up (905-898-5338)! We will confirm your class, and make arrangements for you to pick up your pre-course material and medical forms. We can't wait to meet you!
- Knowledge development (online, home study or in our classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving.
- Confined Water Dives to learn and practice basic scuba skills.
- Open Water Dives to review your skills and explore!
Although students will be discussing "Dive Tables", they will be doing their practical learning on dive computers, as most divers use these as part of their standard dive equipment.
If you’ve tried diving through a Discover Scuba Diving experience or resort course, the skills you learned may be credited towards a portion of the full PADI Open Water Diver course certification.
The Fun Part
The fun part about this course is . . . well, just about all of it because learning to dive is incredible. You breathe underwater for the first time (something you’ll never forget) and learn what you need to know to become a certified diver. During the course, you’ll make at least five pool dives and four dives at local dive sites under the supervision of your PADI Instructor.
The Scuba Gear You Use
- You’ll use all the basic scuba gear (at this level, students are
required to provide their own mask, snorkel, and
- Snorkel and fins
- Buoyancy compensating
jacket that also carries your scuba tank
- Scuba regulator to breathe from
- Instrumentation to
monitor depth and air supply
- Possibly Scuba
wetsuit or a weight system
Ask us at ADVENTURE SPORTS NEWMARKET when the next class starts! Let the Adventures begin!
- To take PADI Open Water Diving, you must be at least 10
Your Next Adventure
Once you are a PADI Open Water Certified diver, you may want to try your Advanced Open Water Diving, or even PADI Night Diver courses. Many divers wish to achieve PADI Master Diver, an elite level of diving requiring 5 specialties, Rescue Diver, and PADI Advanced. It is the highest achievement you can acquire before going PRO.